You’ve heard of the term “starving student” before – and you’ve probably been there at some point during your life, too. It’s no fun to be scrambling for cash, but that’s where we come in to help you save money at every possible chance. Just because your wallet might be tight doesn’t mean you have to compromise – it just means you have to think outside of the box a bit.
The good news for students trying to make ends meet on a tight (or almost non-existent) budget is that there are more great deals for students online than ever before. If you are currently enrolled as a student in high school or college, then you would be crazy not to tap into as many student discount programs as possible. Here’s our guide to the best student discounts online.
Best All-Around Deals for Students
- Amazon offers one of the best deals for students with Amazon Prime Student. For starters, they give you six months of Prime as a free trial just for signing up. There’s no reason not to take advantage of that even if you don’t plan on ordering anything. We all know you’re probably going to need to order something off of Amazon anyways and the all the great video content probably won’t go unused.
- CollegeBudget.com offers a regularly updated list of discounts and deals exclusive to students. It’s free to join their service and you’ll get instant access to a long list of must-have items for this semester. If you keep an eye on their regular email, you will find discounts on almost anything you need for school and a bunch of stuff that you probably don’t.
- GroupOn has an extensive list of exclusive deals for students. You can find discounts and deals on just about anything from clothing and electronics to major concerts and events. Make sure to sign-up for their student discount list and you’ll get a never-ending supply of new deals in your inbox.
- If you’re a fan of The Washington Post, then you’ll definitely want to sign up for their free subscription for students. It’s simply hard to pass up on such a good deal from one of the most storied media outlets in the country.
Best Student Discounts on Technology
Technology has become an essential part of the education process and most students will need some new equipment for the school year. There is no reason to pay retail as a student, though. Most of the major technology providers provide some kind of online discount for students.
Here are a few of the best technology discounts:
- Microsoft offers a bunch of great discounts to students on computers, accessories, and software.
- Sign-up for Student Deals on BestBuy.com. Once you register on their website, you will start getting emailed regular coupons for exclusive student discounts on laptops, electronics, calculators, phones, printers, and accessories.
- The Apple Education Store has lots of great deals on Macs and iPads for students. They offer a 5% discount to students on most of their products.
Take Advantage of Student Discounts on Cell Phone Plans
Cell phones have become an essential part of most of our lives, and so the cell phone bill is a necessary evil. There are lots of ways to save on the cost of your cell phone service, and our recent blog covers some of the best. If you are a student, you want to make sure that you are signed up for student discounts with your current carrier. Almost all major cell phone carriers offer solid student discounts.
Best Retail Student Discounts
Students that are looking to buy new clothes, shoes, backpacks and beauty supplies will be hard-pressed to find a better deal than those offered by TopShop.com. You simply need to register for your Student Beans Code with a student email address and you’ll get an additional 10% off everything on their site. TopShop is already known for great deals on popular fashion and accessories, so it’s a smoking deal for all students with the student discount.
Eat for Less with These Student Discounts
Most restaurants have always offered some kind of student discounts, especially the major national chains, so it’s good advice to bring your student ID with you anytime you go out to eat. You can make your food budget go even further by tracking down some exclusive student discount coupons online. The Krazy Coupon Lady posted a recent blog on the 22 best restaurants that offer student discount coupons online. It’s a great place to start your search.
Being a broke college student has some advantages that allow you to maximize special deals with just a bit of work online. Take the time to setup these online accounts and those few minutes of work will reap benefits for the whole school year. Don’t overspend on a limited budget! Use your wits and save a fortune so you can eat good this semester.